Tuesday 12 October 2010

Travelling hopefully . . .

So from the beginning of the Test series I will be offering my thoughts on (a) England's progress and, I guess, (b) Australia's resistance.

All the old gang, including the guys from the cafe, will be onside with me and - what else would you expect - they will want to throw in their twopennyworth. No matter what the result we will be there until the end but we will only cover the one-day series if it looks interesting.

Why? Well, and this is the first serious opinion of the Australian adventure, surely one-day cricket is drawing to an inevitable close. Let me know if you feel I am wrong - or right come to that - and we can have a lively debate.

Before the Tests begin there is one other little adventure to be watched. The lads and lasses from the cafe tell me they have plans to drive overland to Australia. Oh dear. Through Iran and Afghanistan? I do hope they survive but that they have enough trials and tribulations to make an interesting story before we restart my New Ashes Diary Down Under.

No comments:

Post a Comment